A light novel series is making the leap to anime with Reign of the Seven Spellblades announced back in December 2021. The series was set for a July 2023 debut with Masato Matsune directing it from the series composition by Shogo Yaskukawa. With JC Staff handling the animation production, Sota Suwa is handling the character designs. Crunchyroll previously announced their pickup of it for the season and it will be available to audiences in North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Oceania, the Middle East, and CIS.
The series was recently set for a July 7th, 2023 premiere and now the first preview of the eleventh episode has arrived for it ahead of its September 15th, 2023 premiere.
The Japanese cast includes:
- Atsushi Tamaru as Oliver Horn
- Yuka Nukui as Nanao Hibiya
- Misuzu Yamada as Michela McFarlane
- Hitomi Ohwada as Katie Aalto
- Riho Sugiyama as Pete Reston
- Shinsuke Sugawara as Guy Greenwood
- Shōya Chiba as Richard Andrews
- Ai Kayano as Ophelia Salvadori
- Kazutomi Yamamoto as Carlos Whitrow
- Satoshi Hino as Alvin Godfrey
- Ai Kakuma as Vera Miligan
- Atsushi Imaruoka as Cyrus Rivermoore
- Atsuko Tanaka as Esmeralda
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Luther Garland
- Hiroki Touchi as Darius Grenville
The opening song is “Kenaka” from Kujira Yumemi feat. Mimizuku and Fukuro while the ending is “Aimu” by Kujira Yumemi feat. Tsumushachi.
The series comes from writer Bokuto Uno which began in 2018. Yen Press has licensed the series in English as well as the manga adaptation that began in 2019. Uno’s previous work, Alderamin in the Sky, saw an anime adaptation in 2016 for the novel series that ran from 2012 to 2018.
Plot Concept: Springtime at Kimberly Magic Academy, when new students begin their first year. One boy, clad in black robes with a white cane and sword strapped to his hip, approaches the prestigious school. This young man—Oliver—must form a bond with a katana-wielding girl named Nanao if he’s to survive the dangers he’s to face at this school that is anything but what it seems!