Back in 2021, we got the reveal that with Digimon Adventure ending that we would see the then-new TV series with Digimon Ghost Game. That show ran for a few seasons and has wrapped up but at the time it was also revealed that Tomohisa Taguchi and Akatsuki Yamatoya are on board for a new Digimon 02 film, which didn’t have a lot of detail either for some time.
Going with the name, Digimon Adventure 02 The Beginning, it’s set for an October 27th, 2023 theatrical debut, and now a new promotional trailer has landed along with four character posters.
Tomohisa Taguchi is directing it from the screenplay by Akatsuki Yamatoya with Yumeta Company handling the animation production.
The Japanese cast includes:
- Fukujurō Katayama as Daisuke Motomiya
- Junko Noda as V-Mon
- Arthur Lounsbery as Ken Ichijōji
- Naozumi Takahashi as Wormmon
- Ayaka Asai as Miyako Inoue
- Kouichi Toochika as Hawkmon
- Yoshitaka Yamaya as Iori Hida
- Megumi Urawa as Armadimon
- Junya Enoki as Takeru Takaishi
- Miwa Matsumoto as Patamon
- M.A.O as Hikari Yagami
- Yuka Tokumitsu as Tailmon
- Megumi Ogata as Rui Ōwada
- Rie Kugimiya as Ukkomon
Plot Concept: TBA
Previous promos and visuals: