Originally set for a July 10th, 2020 debut, it’s been quite for the Ghosbusters: Afterlife film as so many things were put on hold until the pandemic seemed like it was going to even out a bit. The film is set for a November 11th, 2021 debut so Sony is taking a long look at the 2021 film market – probably wisely so. But they’re going to be bringing out some clips in the months to come that will definitely get laughs and ramp up interest, which this first one does in a big way for me.
The film comes from director Jason Reitman with his father Ivan Reitman producing based on a story by Jason Reitman and Gil Kenan.
The cast includes:
- Mckenna Grace as Phoebe
- Finn Wolfhard as Trevor
- Carrie Coon as Callie
- Paul Rudd as Mr. Grooberson
- Logan Kim as Phoebe’s classmate
- Celeste O’Connor
- Bokeem Woodbine as Sheriff Domingo
- Oliver Cooper
- Bill Murray as Dr. Peter Venkman
- Dan Aykroyd as Dr. Raymond “Ray” Stantz
- Ernie Hudson as Winston Zeddemor
- Sigourney Weaver as Dana Barrett
- Annie Potts as Janine Melnitz
Plot Concept: A single mother and her two children move to Summerville, Oklahoma after inheriting property from a relative. When the town experiences a series of unexplained earthquakes, the children discover their family’s link to the original Ghostbusters, and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.