Kadokawa previously revealed another light novel series that will be getting an anime adaptation with the 86 – EIGHTY-SIX property. With it set for a the spring 2021 season, it’s now been given an April 10th, 2021 date. That comes alongside eighteen new cast members, a new key visual, and a new promotional video below.
Toshimasa Ishii is set to direct based on the series composition by Toshiya One. Tetsuya Kawakami is on board with character designs and animation production is being done by A-1 Pictures.
The initial casting has revealed Shōya Chiba as Shinei Nōzen and Ikumi Hasegawa as Vladilena Mirizé. The updated cast includes eighteen more reveals with:
- Ikumi Hasegawa as Vladilena Milizé
- Shōya Chiba as Shinei Nōzen
- Seiichirō Yamashita as Raiden Shuga
- Natsumi Fujiwara as Theoto Rikka
- Saori Hayami as Anju Emma
- Sayumi Suzushiro as Kurena Kukumila
- Haruka Shiraishi as Kaie Tanya
- Haruki Ishiya as Daiya Irma
- Daiki Yamashita as Haruto Keats
- Taishi Murata as Kujo Niko
- Shinei Ueki as Rui Kino
- Masamu Ono as Chise Osen
- Katsumi Fukuhara as Toma Sobi
- Taito Ban as Tozan Sasha
- Shizuka Ishigami as Rekka Rin
- Yuka Nukui as Mikuri Kairo
- Mayuko Kazama as Maina Atomika
- Riho Sugiyama as Henrietta Penrose
- Satoshi Mikami as Jerome Carlstahl
- Taiten Kusunoki as Reff Adleheit
Created by Asato Asato with illustrations by Shirabi, the light novel series has five volumes in Japan and is being released in English by Yen Press.
Check out our review of the first light novel.
Plot Concept: The Republic of San Magnolia has long been under attack from the neighboring Giadian Empire’s army of unmanned drones known as the Legion. After years of painstaking research, the Republic finally developed autonomous drones of their own, turning the one-sided struggle into a war without casualties—or at least, that’s what the government claims.
In truth, there is no such thing as a bloodless war. Beyond the fortified walls protecting the eighty-five Republic territories lies the “nonexistent” Eighty-Sixth Sector. The young men and women of this forsaken land are branded the Eighty-Six and, stripped of their humanity, pilot the “unmanned” weapons into battle…
— TVアニメ『86―エイティシックス―』【公式】 (@anime_eightysix) December 22, 2020