Sentai Filmworks brought out the two-cour run of Cross Ange: Rondo of Angels and Dragons back in 2015 with the two separate releases and then came back in 2017 with the show bundled together in one big collection. That was following the steady release of singles out of Japan where it had an eight-volume release for the twenty-four episode run. Now, Bandai Visual has scheduled a complete box set collection for this property – the first collected edition – with a planned March 3rd, 2021 debut. As that’s coming up in a few weeks, the cover artwork for it has now arrived that teases what the set could look like more.
It’ll be priced at 35,000 yen. The set looks to replicate what was with the singles as there’ll be a 100-page booklet and all the bonus material and CD material recorded previously – some 417 minutes of bonus material.
- Non-credit opening / non-credit ending
- PV / CM collection
- ORIGINAL MUSIC CLIP produced by Mitsuo Fukuda
- Momoka listens! The secret of Anju’s birth! Special interview
- “Cross Ange Angel and Dragon Festival (Festa)” event video (Performers: Nana Mizuki, Eri Kitamura, Yukari Tamura, Houko Kuwashima, Kaori Ishihara, Ami Koshimizu, Yui Ogura, Sumire Uesaka, Nao Toyama, Mai Fuchigami)
- Radio “Cross Ange: Tenshi and May’s radio-Complete Edition”
- Radio “Cross Ange-Vivian and Sara’s radio-Complete Edition”
- Radio “Cross Ange: Tenshi to Task radio”
- Voice drama “Pretty Sarian, close call!”
- Voice drama “Ange and Task, Sometimes Dog”
- Original soundtrack 1
- Original soundtrack 2
- Original soundtrack 3
Check out our review of the show.
The series was directed by Yoshiharu Ashino with Tatsuto Higuchi handling the scripts. Yuusuke Matsuo came up with the character concepts while Sayaka Ono has handled the action design. Sunrise is, of course, the animation production side of this series.
Check out the English dub cast list here.
Plot concept: The foundation of Ange’s world has been ripped to shreds over and over again, since the moment her throne was stolen and she was stripped of her humanity. But the destruction of Arzenal and the stunning revelation about the true nature of the DRAGONS were only the start of a devastating new series of shocks and discoveries. Transported to an alternate and devastated world with Tusk and Vivian, Ange will finally learn the history of her world and the true nature of her own reality. She will discover who her ultimate enemy really is and how her para-mail, Villkiss, may be the only key to salvation. The fate of two worlds hangs in the balance, but unless Ange can conquer her own fear and rage, the battle will be lost before it’s even begun. The final war between man, DRAGON, and machine is about to begin in the climatic conclusion of CROSS ANGE: Rondo of Angel and Dragons.
[Source: Cross Ange]