The folks at Netflix definitely know that Godzilla drives viewership and membership and that had them now pulling the curtain back on the 2021 series Godzilla Singular Point earlier this month. The new project comes from director Atsushi Takahashi with scripts by Toh Enjoe, a SF novelist. Kazue Kato is on board with the character designs while Eiji Yamamori is working on the kaiju as studios BONES and Orange are working on the animation – which is being done as both traditional and CG animation.
It’s been quiet for a bit on this project but now we’ve got a new promotional video for it – whose static image doesn’t do the show any favors at all. The series is revealed to be thirteen episodes according to the promo as it sets a new beginning for the character.
The Japanese cast includes:
- Yume Miyamoto as Mei Kamino
- Shōya Ishige as Yun Arikawa
- Tarō Kikuchi as Haberu Katō
- Wataru Takagi as Gorō Ōtaki
- Ayako Takeuchi as Satomi Kanahara
- Misaki Kuno as Pero 2
- Rie Kugimiya as Jung, an AI installed on Yun’s smartphone
- Yōhei Azakami as Shunya Satō
- Jin Urayama as Tsunetomo Yamamoto
- Kotori Koiwai as Yukie Kanoko
- Kenichi Suzumura as Takehiro Kai
- Kaho Kouda as Keiei Lee
- Ryotaro Okiayu as Bayler “BB” Barn
- Runa Onodera as Rina Barn
- Tomoyuki Shimura as Yoshiyasu Matsubara
- Hiromichi Tezuka as Makita K. Nakagawa
- Masako Isobe as Tilda Mira
- Kenta Miyake as Michael Steven
The series will be getting a broadcast in Japan through Tokyo MX and other broadcasters but streaming will be done by Netflix with a later worldwide debut in multiple languages.
Plot Concept: The series will make its worldwide launch in 2021.
When danger comes up from the depths, only young geniuses Mei, Yun, and their team can face the threat in Godzilla Singular Point! Take a first look at next year’s new series featuring the classic monster. @CG_Orange_eng @TOHO_GODZILLA pic.twitter.com/B7VWyGb3ZZ
— NX (@NXOnNetflix) October 27, 2020
[Cast Source: ANN]