Fans waiting on more Sailor Moon Crystal got their answer as the fourth season of the series was changed to a two-film project that will debut as Sailor Moon Eternal The Movie. Set to cover the Dead Moon arc of the manga, the first film has now gotten some new promotion as we’re inching closer to its debut. The latest update has presented us with a new poster slash key visual piece that goes for a bit of a darker looker and one that keeps it to just two of the characters instead of the cast as a whole. It’s not a bad approach as Usagi often gets the lion’s share of attention with these things, but we’ve had group visuals for awhile so something different will definitely catch the eye.
The first film was set for a September 11th, 2020 debut in Japan but recently set a January 8th, 2021 release for the first film due to the pandemic. We also recently got a February 11th, 2021 release date for the second film.
The project is bringing back the main cast and staff with Chiaki Kon directing and having original creator Naoko Takeuchi on board as a creative supervisor while Kazuyuki Fudeyasu is writing the screenplay. Kazuko Tadano is working on the character designs.
The Japanese cast so far includes:
- Kotono Mitsuishi as Usagi Tsukino / Sailor Moon
- Hisako Kanemoto as Ami Mizuno / Sailor Mercury
- Rina Satou as Rei Hino / Sailor Mars
- Ami Koshimizu as Makoto Kino / Sailor Jupiter
- Shizuka Itou as Minako Aino / Sailor Venus
- Misato Fukuen as Chibi-Usa / Sailor Chibi Moon
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Pegasus/Helios
- Shouta Aoi as Fish Eye
- Satoshi Hino as Tiger’s Eye
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga as Hawk’s Eye
- Yuko Hara as JunJun
- Reina Ueda as CereCere,
- Sumire Morohoshi as PallaPalla
- Rie Takahashi as VesVes
- Naomi Watanabe as Zirconia
- Nanao as Queen Nehellenia
Plot Concept: TBA