Crunchyroll previously revealed the next in their line of Originals that they’re co-producing with the summer 2020 series The God of High School. With things still on track for a July debut, the latest update has arrived that’s focused on the theme song artists. The streaming service has revealed the KSUKE will perform the opening theme song “Contradiction feat. Tyler Carter” while the ending theme song is “WIN” by CIX. Crunchyroll notes that both songs are original works created specifically for the anime.
The members of CIX were eager to talk about their participation for the show:
BX from CIX:
“I remember ‘The God of High School’ being quite famous even when I was a small child and it’s an honor that we get to sing its ending theme song. I’ve never participated in a project like this so I am excited and ready to go back and read the series again!
Stay tuned for ‘WIN’ performed by CIX featured as the ending theme song of the anime ‘The God of High School’! Be sure to watch the anime in real time! Thank you.”
SEUNGHUN from CIX:
“Reading the Webtoon series is something that I always liked since I was a small child and when I was still in school, ‘The God of High School’ was something that my friends and I often talked about! I like unrealistic heroes, so naturally all the characters are quite appealing to me. However, my number one favorite is Jin Mori, the protagonist of the story!
When I first heard that it’s being turned into an anime, I was quite excited. So I am honored that CIX gets to sing the ending theme song. We worked hard recording the song and it turned out beautifully so we hope you enjoy listening to it.”
BAEJINYOUNG from CIX:
“It is a true honor that we, CIX, are participating in the Webtoon-turned-anime ‘The God of High School.’ All of us have been reading the series and this is such a great opportunity for us! ‘WIN’ is a great song, easy to sing to, and I vividly remember how much fun we had recording it.
Thank you for your love and support for the anime ‘The God of High School,’ the ending theme song ‘WIN,’ and CIX!”
YONGHEE from CIX:
“I am excited that we get to be part of the anime ‘The God of High School’ based on the fun and famous Webtoon series. When I was still in school, it was so popular that I remember reading it with my friends. I’m grateful for this great opportunity and we put our hearts into the song while recording.
Not only is this a fun anime, our song is beautifully uplifting so we hope you love it as much as we do.”
HYUNSUK from CIX:
“I am truly honored to be part of this great series that I binge-read the Webtoon series 4 times! I was so excited when I first heard about the anime series, and I can’t wait for the show to start. Personally Jin Tejin is my number one favorite because of how he is truly focused on battles. Thank you for your support for the anime ‘The God of High School’ and the ending theme song “WIN” by CIX!”
The property adapts the manhwa series of the same name by Yongje Park which began in 2014 on WEBTOONS. The series will be directed by Sunghoo Park with MAPPA handling the animation production. Manabu Akita is on board working on the character designs.
The previously announced Japanese cast includes:
- Tatsumaru Tachibana as Jin Mori – A sixteen-year-old whose taekwondo, which he learned from his grandfather, makes him undefeatable. Nothing is more important to him than being the best fighter of all, and his current record out of 299 fights is 297 wins and 2 draws. He decides to participate in the God of High School tournament, an interdisciplinary martial arts competition, after suffering the first loss of his life against Judge R, one of the tournament’s judges.
- Kentarō Kumagai as Han Daewi – One of the “Mad Cows,” a duo that once controlled the entire Gangnam area. He’s been working part-time jobs to pay the medical bills for his partner in the duo, who fell ill with an incurable disease, but the part-time work available to high schoolers is barely enough to cover the daily medical bills and won’t cover a cure. He joins GOH after being told that he can save his friend if he wins.
- Ayaka Ohashi as Yoo Mira – The 25th Master of the Moon Light Sword Style. She pretends to be a fragile high schooler, but she has the strength to easily overpower an entire group of delinquents in a fight. She prefers guys who are macho, because she’s been told that she needs to marry a man strong enough to help her resurrect her family’s sword style. For that reason, she’s participating in GOH to find a potential husband.
- Daisuke Namikawa as Park Mujin
- Tomokazu Sugita as Gang Manseok
- Yuki Kaida as Commissioner O
- Asami Tano as Commissioner P
- Kenji Hamada as Commissioner Q
- Chikahiro Kobayashi as Commissioner R
- Tomokazu Seki as Announcer T
Plot Concept: This action-packed series follows a high schooler and his friends as they compete in an epic tournament, borrowing power directly from the gods and uncovering a mysterious organization along the way… With the promise of their heart’s deepest desires, motivating their tournament victory.
[Cast additions via ANN]