We learned back in March 2019 that the creator behind Hanayamata has another of their manga properties getting an anime adaptation with Ochikobore Fruit Tart, or Dropout Idol Fruit Tart. With the series still set for a summer 2020 debut in July, the official site has updated to reveal four more characters for the project with their actors revealed. The recently added members include:
- Rena Maeda as Riri Higashi, Cream Anmitsu’s manager
- Yuiko Tatsumo as Tone Honmachi, Sakura’s classmate
The visuals for them were released as well with a profile:
【きららキャラット7月号】TVアニメ「おちこぼれフルーツタルト」は順調に制作が進んでおります! 巻頭ページでは利音とリリの設定・キャストを公開。さらに、な、なんと…！ アニメ第１話の先行カットも載ってしまっています！ これは必見ですよ～♪ pic.twitter.com/4Uyj0vLKrk
— まんがタイムきらら編集部 (@mangatimekirara) May 27, 2020
The previously revealed Japanese cast includes:
- Hiyori Nitta as Ino Sakura
- Risa Kubota as Roko Sekino
- Haruka Shiraishi as Hayu Nukui
- Reina Kondo as Nina Maehara
- Kyōka Moriya as Hemo Midori
- Yōko Hikasa as Hoho Kajino
- Kaoru Sakura as Chiko Sekino
- Yū Sasahara as Nua Nakamachi
- Takako Tanaka as Rua Nakamachi
The series has Keiichiro Kawaguchi directing based on the series composition by him and Tatsuya Takahashi. Sumie Kinoshita is handling the character designs with studio feel working on the animation production.
The manga by Sou Hamayumiba began in 2015 and has four volumes out so far.
Plot Concept: First-year high school student Ino Sakura heads to Tokyo to pursue becoming an idol. She teams up with fellow Nezumi Dorm residents — unpopular former child actor Roko, musician Hayu, and model Nina — to form the new idol unit Fruit Tart. These dropout idols get back on their feet and enter the world of show business to prevent their dorm from being demolished.