With the main Strike Witches franchise continuing to do well with a range of projects outside of anime in Japan, the push forward with new anime works is really underway. We learned back in summer 2018 about the tentatively titled Idol Witches series that’s scheduled to land in 2021. The project has set Shouji Saeki to handle directing and writing the series and last year we got the full name of Renmei Kūgun Kōkū Mahō Ongakutai Luminous Witches, which translates as Allied Air Force Magical Idols Luminous Witches.
Now, we’ve got a new promotional video for it which confirms that the 2021 plans are still in place but updates to reveal that SHAFT is handling the animation production for the project.
The full cast so far includes::
- Ami Aimoto as Lyudmila Andreyevna Rouslanova
- Mai Narumi as Virginia Robertson
- Minako Hosogawa as Inori Shibuya
- Ryo Mamiya as Aira Payvikki Linnama
- Sayaka Tsuzuki as Eleonore Giovanna Gassion
- Misaki Yuki as Manaia Matawhaura Hato
- Miu Kotosaka as Sylvie Cariello
Plot Concept: The story focuses on a unique squadron of “Witches who don’t fight.” Instead, the squadron sing and perform music to protect the smiles of those who have been driven out of their hometowns by the Neuroi.