It’s hard to believe but we last talked about Strike Witches: Road to Berlin when it was announced in July 2018 with its planned 2020 debut. At the time, we knew that Kazuhiro Takamura, who is also adapting the character designs, is also directing it with Tatsuhiko Urata as the chief writer with David Production handling the animation. We also had the cast list previously but now we have a new promotional video below, a key visual, and the reveal of an October 2020 debut for the project.
The Japanese cast includes:
- Misato Fukuen as Yoshika Miyafuji
- Saori Seto as Mio Sakamoto
- Kaori Nazuka as Lynette Bishop
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Perrine-H. Clostermann
- Rie Tanaka as Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke
- Mie Sonozaki as Gertrud Barkhorn
- Sakura Nogawa as Erica Hartmann
- Chiwa Saito as Francesca Lucchini
- Ami Koshimizu as Charlotte E Yeager
- Mai Kadowaki as Sanya V. Litvyak
- Ayuru Ōhashi as Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen
Plot Concept: The property overall focuses on an alien invasion by beings known as the Neuroi. The only way to damage and ultimately defeat them lies in Witches, girls who possess magical powers and are capable of wielding Striker Units that enhances their abilities and allow them to maneuver in the air. The characters in the franchise are often based on real-life aerial aces from various nationalities.