We learned last fall that a new feature film is slated for a summer 2020 debut with Happy-Go-Lucky Days which is known as Dōnika Naru Hibi in Japan. Scheduled for a May 8th, 2020 debut, the film has now had a new trailer dropped for it that clocks in at just two minutes. It has Takuya Sato directing based on the screenplay they co-wrote with Yoriko Tomita. Haruka Sagawa handled the character designs while LIDEN Films Kyoto Studio is handling the animation production.
The Japanese cast includes:
- Kana Hanazawa as Ecchan
- Mikako Komatsu as Aya-san
- Takahiro Sakurai as Sawa-sensei
- Seiichirō Yamashita as Yagasaki-kun
- Ibuki Kido as Shin-chan
- Kaori Ishihara as Mika-chan
- Saori Hayami as Yuri
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Tanabe-kun
- Mutsumi Tamura as Yoriko-san
- Kōhei Amasaki as Shin-chan’s father
- Ryoko Shiraishi as Shin-chan’s mother
The original anthology novel came from Takako Shimura who is known for Wandering Son and Sweet Blue Flowers.
Plot Concept: The manga is an omnibus of stories about everyday life, themed around romance that is sometimes sweet, sometimes painful.