The anime adaptation of the Wave, Listen to me! (Nami yo Kiite Kure) manga by Hiroaki Samura brought a lot of details out a lot of the details already. The latest is the official site dropping a new promotional video for the series that comes with a confirmed April 3rd, 2020 premiere date on MBS, TBS, and BS-TBS. The series will be directed by Tatsuma Minamikawa based on the scripts from Shoji Yonemura. Takumi Yokota is handling the character designs with Sunrise handling the animation adaptation.
The Japanese cast includes:
- Riho Sugiyama as Minare Koda
- Shinshū Fuji as Kanetsugu Mato
- Manaka Iwami as Mizuho Nanba
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Katsumi Kureko
- Sayaka Ohara as Madoka Chishiro
- Kaito Ishikawa as Ryūsuke Komoto
- Masaaki Yano as Chūya Nakahara
- Mamiko Noto as Makie Tachibana
- Bin Shimada as Yoshiki Takarada
- Daisuke Namikawa as Mitsuo Suga
- Kouki Uchiyama as Shinji Oki
Wave, Listen to Me! began in 2014 in Monthly Afternoon and has six volumes out so far. Kodansha Comics brings the series out in English digitally.
The duo tacica will be performing the opening theme song “aranami” for the series.
Plot concept: The stage is Sapporo, Hokkaido. One night, our heroine, Minare Koda, spills her heartbroken woes to a radio station worker she meets while out drinking one night. The next day, she hears a recording of her pitiful grumbling being played live over the air. Minare storms into the station in a rage, only to then be duped by the station director into doing an impromptu talk show explaining her harsh dialogue. With just one recording, the many eccentric facets of Minare’s life begin to pull every which direction as she falls ever deeper into the world of radio.