We learned about a new anime series is in the works back in October with an adaptation of Bungo Yamashita’s manga property Murenase! Seton Gakuen. The release of a new promo that you can see below has revealed a January 6th, 2020 debut for the show. It’s being directed by Hiroshi Ikehata based on scripts from Shigeru Murakoshi. Masakatsu Sasaki is handling the character designs with Studio Gokumi handling the animation production.
The Japanese cast includes:
- Hina Kino as Ranka Ōkami
- Haruki Ishiya as Jin Mazama
- Yume Miyamoto as Hitomi Hino
- Misaki Kuno as Yukari Komori
- Konomi Kohara as Miyubi Shisho
- Sora Tokui as Kurumi Nekomai
- Yoshino Aoyama as Chroe (Kuroe) Mashima
- Tomokazu Sugita as King Shishino
- Tesshō Genda as Gigasu Terano-sensei
- Kenjiro Tsuda
The manga began in 2016 on the Cycomi site that Cygames runs. It has six volumes released so far and is still ongoing with Kodansha handling the physical media side of the original work.
Plot Concept: The series takes place at a school for animals, where the students’ curricula centers on the idea of “survival of the fittest.” The lone human in the class (who hates animals) and the lone wolf girl in the class meet, and their nonsense academy life begins.