DeNA (pronounced “D-N-A”) this week officially launched Attack on Titan TACTICS, their new mobile game based on the popular hit anime and manga series. The game is now available for download in the US, Canada and Australia for both iOS and Android systems. This game is being released in partnership with Crunchyroll Games. We had the opportunity to test play a hands-on demo courtesy of DeNA themselves at Anime Expo 2019 this past summer.
You can check out our first impressions and full review of the game by one of our staff members: Attack on Titan TACTICS First Impressions
DeNA outlines the full details of the game in the following Press Release:
TOKYO, JAPAN —September 19, 2019 —DeNA Co., Ltd. launched Attack on Titan TACTICS, an officially licensed mobile game based on the popular anime series Attack on Titan. The game is now available for download on iOS and Android devices in the US, Canada, and Australia:
- App Store (iOS):https://apps.apple.com/app/id1276460076
- Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dena.a12025677
Attack on Titan TACTICS is a tower defense and real-time strategy game where players build and deploy an elite team of Scouts to defend their base from a relentless onslaught of Titans. The game features fan-favorite characters like Eren Jaeger, Mikasa Ackermann, Captain Levi, and more, and follows the story from the first season of the Attack on Titan anime series. A new launch trailer for the game can be found here: https://youtu.be/AAnem5sU6GA
Additional features that players will be able to enjoy in the game include:
- Accessible but Deep Gameplay: A real-time battle system that’s easy to learn, but hard to master; the key to victory is choosing when and where to deploy your units.
- Stunning Original Art: Gorgeous character illustrations and must-see battle animations created exclusively for the game.
- Fan-Favorite Characters with Unique Abilities: Over 50 different characters are available, with more planned for the future. Each character has its own unique set of attacks and abilities on the battlefield.
- New & Original Stories: Scenarios written solely for the game that fans won’t find anywhere else.
- Original Voice Actors From the Anime Series:Examples include Yuki Kaji (voice of Eren Jaeger), Yui Ishikawa (voice of Mikasa Ackermann), Marina Inoue (voice of Armin Arlelt), Hiroshi Kamiya (voice of Levi), and Daisuke Ono (voice of Erwin Smith).
In celebration of the launch of Attack on Titan TACTICS, special in-game events and rewards will also be available for a limited time. The Levi Squad Gacha, available now through October 3, 10:59 PM PDT (details are subject to change without notice) will provide players with a chance to obtain a 5★ recruit from the Levi Squad (Captain Levi, Scout Regiment Petra Rall, Levi Squad Oruo Bozad, or Levi Squad Eld Gin). More details on this event are available in the in-game gacha menu.
All players will also receive an in-game reward of 300 Crystals (good enough for 10 attempts to recruit new troops to your team) as a reward for reaching the goal of 70,000 total pre-registered players prior to the game’s launch. All players who download the game from now through October 17, 7:59 AM PDT (details are subject to change without notice) will receive this reward.
Attack on Titan TACTICS is a free-to-start game with in-app purchases on compatible Android and iOS devices. Fans can stay tuned for news about the game on the official social media channels: Twitter (https://twitter.com/aottactics), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AoTTACTICS/), and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/aottactics/), as well as the game’s website (https://aot-tactics.com/).
Crunchyroll Games is an official partner of Attack on Titan TACTICS. Fans who want to catch up on the anime series can stream Attack on Titan now on Crunchyroll.
Distributed by Funimation®, a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television, Attack on Titan is adapted from the New York Times best-selling manga series from Kodansha about the last of humanity fighting to survive against man-eating giants called Titans. To date, there are a total of 28 volumes in the manga series with an estimated 88+ million copies in print around the world. Attack on Titan can be watched on FunimationNow in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
For more information, visit funimation.com/attackontitan.
Based on the manga “Shingeki no Kyojin” by Hajime Isayamaoriginally serialized in the Monthly BESSATSU SHONEN magazine published by Kodansha Ltd. ©Hajime Isayama,Kodansha/”ATTACK ON TITAN”Production Committee. All Rights Reserved.