Fans waiting on more Sailor Moony Crystal now have their answer as the fourth season of the series has been changed to a two-film project that will debut in 2020. Set to cover the Dead Moon arc of the manga, a key visual was released with the announcement along with a promotional video. No specific dates or season has been revealed for when to expect the first film.
The project is bringing back the main cast and staff with Chiaki Kon directing and having original creator Naoko Takeuchi on board as a creative supervisor while Kazuyuki Fudeyasu is writing the screenplay. Kazuko Tadano is working on the character designs.
The Japanese cast so far includes:
- Kotono Mitsuishi as Usagi Tsukino / Sailor Moon
- Hisako Kanemoto as Ami Mizuno / Sailor Mercury
- Rina Satou as Rei Hino / Sailor Mars
- Ami Koshimizu as Makoto Kino / Sailor Jupiter
- Shizuka Itou as Minako Aino / Sailor Venus
- Misato Fukuen as Chibi-Usa / Sailor Chibi Moon