The winter 2019 anime series Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan has finally gotten its home video release information. The show is going for the complete box set route where it’ll arrive on July 17th, 2019 priced at 20,000 yen. It’ll be a two-disc set with the show split in half evenly. It’ll also come with a CD For the ending theme songs for all twelve episodes. That alone is a great deal as they were released separately previously for 1,200 yen per disc for twelve discs.
This comes from the original manga by Yukari Takinami which ran from 2005 to 2014 across eight volumes. For this adaptation, they went in a different route as each episode brought in a wholly different team, with twelve different directors slotted for it and different actors, character designers, and even animation studios.
The structure for the series currently has this director/actress combination for each episode:
- Gisaburō Sugii and Romi Park
- Ryousuke Takahashi and Suzuko Mimori
- Akitarō Daichi and Haruka Ishida
- Tomomi Mochizuki and Chiemi Chiba
- Shin Misawa and Mika Doi
- Takeo Takahashi and Ami Koshimizu
- Yoshitomo Yonetani and Rumi Shishido
- Osamu Kobayashi and Megumi Kobayashi
- Masayuki Kojima and Mariya Ise
- Akira Shigino and Yuko Tatsumi
- Hiroshi Nagahama and Ai Kobayashi
- Koji Morimoto and Tamurapan
Plot Concept: Ekoda, who works various jobs, explores the city nightlife. While she has a boyfriend, she is more into casual relationships than taking it seriously. She considers popular girls (which she labels “birds of prey”) her natural enemy.
[Source: Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan]