The first season of Krypton wrapped up well last year and I really enjoyed it, especially when it really hit the ground running more in the second half of it. The second season is coming up this year with a June 12th, 2019 and now we’ve got a new trailer that goes into the project a bit more. And this also gives us a better look at both Lobo and Doomsday along with more Brainiac after the events of the first season.
The cast includes:
- Cameron Cuffe as Seg-El: Superman’s grandfather; athletic, quietly confident, and in his 20s. A younger version of the “grumpier” character from the comics.
- Georgina Campbell as Lyta Zod: A reluctant cadet and warrior in the Kryptonian military, in a clandestine, forbidden relationship with Seg-El.
- Ian McElhinney as Val-El: Seg’s grandfather, who defied death by going to the Phantom Zone and is a staunch believer in space exploration.
- Elliot Cowan as Daron-Vex: The chief magistrate of Kandor, charged with defending Krypton’s oligarchy.
- Ann Ogbomo as Alura Zod: The Primus of the Kryptonian military guild and mother of Lyta. Alura shares her first name with Alura Zor-El, the mother of Supergirl on Supergirl
- Rasmus Hardiker as Kem: An engineer and Seg’s best friend.
- Wallis Day as Nyssa-Vex: A junior magistrate and the daughter of Daron-Vex.
- Aaron Pierre as Dev-Em: A “chiseled, twenty-something bad boy”.
The project comes from Warner Horizon Television and DC Comics and is being set up at Syfy. The development has David S. Goyer as an executive producer on it and he’ll also be writing the pilot for it. Ian Goldberg of Once Upon a Time will also be producing.
Plot concept: Krypton is set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet. It follows Superman’s grandfather (Cameron Cuffe) — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed — as he fights to redeem his family’s honor and save his beloved world from chaos.