As we talked about a bit last year, It’s still kind of weird to say but JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable is being made into a live-action feature film. With the first visual of Kento Yamazaki as Jōsuke Higashikata revealed previously, the official site has now updated with two more actors in their respective roles that you can see below. Based on the fourth series story from original manga creator Hirohiko Araki, Warner Bros. Japan and TOHO are setting this for an August 4th, 2017 release with Takashi Miike directing it. It looks like this is the first of at least two features being planned to cover this particular story, which is currently seeing an anime adaptation that’s running thirty-nine episodes.
The cast includes:
- Kento Yamazaki as Jōsuke Higashikata
- Ryunosuke Kamiki as Kōichi Hirose
- Nana Komatsu as Yukako Yamagishi
- Masaki Okada as Keichō Nijimura
- Mackenyu as Okuyasu Nijimura
- Takayuki Yamada as Anjūrō Katagiri
- Yusuke Iseya as Jōtarō Kūjō
- Alisa Mizuki as Tomoko Higashikata
- Jun Kunimura as Ryōhei Higashikata
Plot concept: The coastal town of Morioh is plagued by the “Bow and Arrow,” an ancient artifact which manifests latent stand abilities in criminals and ordinary folk alike. At the same time as they are dealing with the huge influx of stand users—both good and bad—in Morioh, high schooler Jousuke Higashikata and his friends are searching for the culprit of a series of homicides.