Set to arrive later this year to the delight of a lot of fans young and old, the second season of Voltron: Legendary Defender is closer than ever. And now the official Facebook page for it has debuted a new two-minute trailer for it that showcases a lot of what’s coming. The first season landed in June 2016 and garnered a lot of attention from the younger online audiences in the teen range that connected with the cast and characters.
- Steven Yeun as Keith, pilot of the Red Lion.
- Jeremy Shada as Lance, pilot of the Blue Lion.
- Bex Taylor-Klaus as Pidge, pilot of the Green Lion.
- Josh Keaton as Shiro (formerly “Sven”), pilot of the Black Lion.
- Tyler Labine as Hunk, pilot of the Yellow Lion.
- Kimberly Brooks as Princess Allura, the ruler of the Kingdom of Arus.
- Rhys Darby as Coran, Allura’s royal advisor, in charge of the Castle Control.
- Neil Kaplan as King Zarkon, Planet Dooms’ of ruler of the Drule Empire.
- Cree Summer as Witch Haggar, The notorious creator all of Robeasts and master of dark magic.
“DreamWorks Animation is synonymous with great storytelling that families around the world enjoy,” said Cindy Holland, Vice President of Original Series for Netflix, earlier this year. “It’s with great pleasure that we expand on an already successful relationship with DreamWorks Animation to bring more premium kids and family television to Netflix members globally.”
“This agreement adds to the incredible foundation we’ve built together with Netflix over a number of years across both film and television,” said Ann Daly, President of DreamWorks Animation, in February. “We are proud to work closely with Netflix to continue delivering high-quality programming to audiences around the world.”
Plot concept: Five unsuspecting teenagers, transported from Earth into the middle of a sprawling intergalactic war, become pilots for five robotic lions in the battle to protect the universe from evil. Only through the true power of teamwork can they unite to form the mighty warrior known as Voltron: Legendary Defender.