The summer series Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace is doing what a lot of shows are doing at this point by finally revealing more of their cast and who will be playing them. The series has now announced another slate of actors for the show, tied with their characters, and ANN has brought them along with translated character bios as well. With the show getting ready for a July 3rd, 2015 debut, we recently got a new key visual you can see to the right (click for larger) and a new promotional spot. The series is directed by Seiji Kishi based on scripts by Makoto Ueze at studio Lerche.
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Kagami, an elite superintendent of the Shinjuku Police Headquarters’ 1st Investigation Division. He has a strong sense of justice and a diligent and serious personality. He lives with his younger sister.
- Cho as Nakamura, an experienced veteran detective at the Shinjuku Police Headquarters’ 1st Investigation Division. He does things at his own pace and seemingly has no motivation, but he is a good support for Kagami.
- Yōko Hikasa as Kuro Tokage (Black Lizard), a thief who is imprisoned in the special isolation cell “Shinjuku Prison.” Her intelligence-gathering abilities are first class. She is very strong-willed and her temperament is that of a haughty queen, but she shows a strange reaction to Akechi’s blunt interrogation.
- Takehito Koyasu as Kageo, a fancier of young women and a rare phantom thief who wears a bag covering his face. No one knows his true face.
- Saki Fujita as Minami and Kappei Yamaguchi as Shitai-kun, a strange duo made up of the head of the autopsy office and a corpse who casually bicker with each other. They provide easy-to-understand explanations for autopsy results.
The cast as revealed so far includes Takahiro Sakurai as Akechi, Rie Takahashi as Kobayashi, Daiki Yamashita as Hashiba,
Ranpo refers to Edogawa Ranpo with this work being produced for the 50th anniversary sine the writers death. A mystery writer, he has a slew of works over the years before he passed away in 1965.
Plot concept: The story takes place at a certain middle school where several murder cases take place. Kobayashi, a boy who goes to this school, meets genius detective Akechi, who comes to the school to investigate. Kobayashi takes an interest in Akechi and, in spite of his friend Hashiba’s worries, he volunteers to be Akechi’s assistant.