The folks at Flying Dog are pretty good about promoting their properties, especially in comparison to some other distributors and studios, and now we’ve got two new spots for the spring 2014 series Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara. We’ve had a couple of previews before with different narration and now we get the character of Kikuno Shokanji, as played by Kana Asumi, talking about show. The series, based on the light novel series of the same name that also has a manga going, is often shortened as just Gaworare and will be animated by Hoods Entertainment, who has had some very good shows recently that they’ve worked on with Qwaser of Stigmata, Mysterious Girlfirned and this season’s BlazBlue. The series is set to be directed by Ayumu Watanabe, who has a lengthy lit of credits with Doraemon but also did a few other shows, including work on Space Brothers.
- Director: Ayumu Watanabe
- Character design: Shizue Kaneko
- Series composition: Takashi Aoshima
- Production: Hoods Entertainment
- Ryota Osaka as Souta Hatate
- Ibuki Kido as Nanami Knight Braidfield
- Ai Kayano as Akane Mahougasawa
- Kana Asumi as Kikuno Shokanji
- Kana Hanazawa as Megumu Touzokuyama
- Yoko Hikasa as Rin Eiyuzaki
- Ayaka Suwa as Ruri Ninjabayashi
- Aoi Yuki as Serika Ginyuin
Plot concept: Hatate Sota is a high school boy, who has an ability to visualize “flags” for future events such as “death flag,” “friendship flag,” and “romance flag.” Despite the flag-viewing ability, he avoids making friends with others due to a trauma he experienced in a ship submergence accident. Four beautiful girls get interested in his strange way of living, and they begin to live with him at the school dorm by force.
Check out the first two promos as well: