It’s still surreal seeing that a wrestling anime is being done again, though I think I was one of a handful that bought Wanna-Be’s way back in the 90’s when that VHS release came out. The folks at Crunchyroll has laid out some new information for I Wanna Be The Strongest In The World, the upcoming series that’s being produced by Earth Star Entertainment that adapts the sports series of the same name by Ese and Kiyohito Natsuki that began back in 2011. The larger cast has been revealed and a new key visual has also been released that looks like it’ll make this show a good bit of silly fanservice fun.
- Juri Sanada – Kana Hanazawa
- Chinatsu Suzumoto – Suzuko Mimori (Milky Holmes’ Shelly)
- Kurea Komiyama – Sumire Uesaka (Genshiken’s Rika Yoshitake)
- Kanae Fujishita – Rina Satou (Railgun’s Mikoto Misaka)
- Nanami Kanno – Yuka Otsubo (Yuruyuri’s Kyoko)
- Yūho Mochizuki – Miku Ito (from pop group StylipS)
- Makoto Kirishima – Eri Kitamura (Nyarko-San’s Mahiro Yasaka)
- Hornet – Sora Takui (Milky Holmes’ Nero)
- Aika Hayase – Sora Amamiya
Plot concept: Hagiwara Sakura and Miyazawa Erena are the leading members of a popular idol group Sweet. One day, Erena is injured by the attack of a female pro-wrestler Kazama Rio during the recording of a TV program. Sakura gets mad at Rio and gives her a dropkick. To avenge Erena, Sakura enters the female pro-wrestling matches.