It’s been about fifty years since the last time this tale got a big screen adaptation and 2012 will see Bryan Singer take his hand at it with Jack the Giant Killer. The first teaser trailer has arrived that showcases some of the first blush special effects and cast results that Warner Bros. will be putting in theaters on June 15th, 2012. The feature certainly has an interesting cast once you get beyond the lesser known leads and that alone should mean for some interesting on screen interactions. With Christopher McQuarrie involved with the script, it should at least have some good to offer there.
- Nicholas Hoult as Jack, a young farmer who leads the expedition to rescue the princess.
- Eleanor Tomlinson as Isabelle, the princess who is kidnapped by giants.
- Stanley Tucci as Lord Roderick, an adviser to the king with designs on usurping power.
- Ian McShane as King Brahmwell, the princess’ father, who is none too thrilled about a union between his daughter and a farmer boy.
- Bill Nighy and John Kassir as Fallon, the two-headed leader of the giants. Nighy plays the big head and Kassir plays the smaller head.
- Ewan McGregor as Elmont, the leader of the king’s elite guard, who helps fight giants.
Plot concept: Jack the Giant Killer tells the story of an ancient war that is reignited when a young farmhand unwittinglyopens a gateway between our world and a fearsome race of giants