The Fandom Post

Anime, Movies, Comics, Entertainment & More

Zoe Saldana Boards ‘I Kill Giants’ Adaptation

2 min read

I Kill Giants CoverZoe Saldana continues to keep busy within the comics world of properties that get adapted to feature films and a new one on the horizon is I Kill Giants, which is set to be directed by Anders Walter. Walter won an Academy Award last year for his work on the short film Helium and this new project has Chris Columbus on board to produce, which certainly helps it. The property is based off of the comic from Joe Kelly and Ken Niimura that came back out in 2008.

“I’m thrilled to have the massively talented Zoe helping us bring Joe Kelly’s beautiful story to life,” said Walter. “I couldn’t be more excited to see Mrs. Mollé, a kind, strong and incredibly inspirational character up on the big screen.”

The film will star Madison Wolfe as the lead character of Barbara. Saldana is taking on the role of Mrs. Molle, the school psychologist.

Plot concept: I Kill Giants tells the story of Barbara Thorson, an acerbic fifth-grader so consumed with fantasy that she doesn’t just tell people that she kills giants with an ancient Norse warhammer – she starts to believe it herself. The reasons for Barbara’s troubled behavior are revealed through the course of the book, as she learns to reconcile her fantasy life with the real world.

1 thought on “Zoe Saldana Boards ‘I Kill Giants’ Adaptation

1. Wonderful one-shot GN (or short comic series), prime for a movie adaptation. Something of the older, edgier kids-at-risk movies of yesteryear with the story (and a heavy D&D tie-in if they choose to). As long as they don’t get too slap-happy with the sfx, and get just the right lead, this could be fun.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.