Fry's Electronics

I am thinking about ordering from Fry's Electronics website and I would very much welcome any feedback about the store. Any info will be appreciated. But the biggest aspects I would like to know is how reliable the store is and their packaging they used. Thank you all in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Too Old For This... Stuff Sensuifu's Avatar

Re: Fry's Electronics

I've only shopped their online store once or twice, but it's a miss if you're expecting immediate shipment. I've placed orders on a few items they listed having in-stock, but later received e-mails stating they're no longer available. For items they said they'd replenish, you're given a choice to wait until they arrive, or cancel your reservation completely. Their packaging sucks. They only use the minimal bubbler mailer and it takes much longer for them to fulfill any order compared to other e-tailers. iirc, half my items had damaged cases. Some of their sales were good, but I wouldn't shop from them again unless the discounts are really significant and if I didn't care about the lag they'd take to fulfill the order.

Superhero in Training cress2000's Avatar

If you have a problem with your order, be prepared for a major hassle on getting things made right. I received a poorly packaged, damaged DVD from them ~18 months ago. Getting this resolved was a nightmare as they employed incredibly outdated procedures. It took 45 minutes on the phone with CS to get a return authorized and I had to pay shipping costs on both the return and the replacement...and they wanted to charge me their default $8 shipping rate for the replacement before having to spend five minutes to get them to switch it to their $2 "budget" shipping.

Some of their deals are still tempting, but this experience has kept me from placing any further orders with them.

I have shopped on the online store earlier this year or late last year. S/H turnaround time was about a week (from CA to MN). Shipment packaging was below average (I think it was plastic mailer of some kind). I never had to return anything due to transit damage.