The Fandom Post

Anime, Movies, Comics, Entertainment & More

ComiXology Unlimited Introduces the Netflix of Comics Reading

2 min read

Comixology UnlimitedIt was bound to happen sooner or later as the Netflix model makes an impact on other services. We’ve seen the Kindle Unlimited program and with ComiXology being an Amazon company, bringing out ComiXology Unlimited was a no-brainer. The service has gone live today with a $5.99 price point where they’ll be cycling in interesting books. While they’re not bringing in superhero titles from Marvel or DC, the catalog will be drawn from more independent publishers like Dark Horse and Image and it already starts off with hundreds of issues from dozens of different series.

“It sounds silly but our mission is to make everyone on the planet a comics fan. That’s really hard to do by just throwing them into the middle of 100,000 comic books,” David Steinberger, CEO, tells EW. “It’s a lot easier if people have a velow-riskisk opportunity to discover comics for themselves and just really take their time with the catalog.”

“This program takes advantage of Comixology: download wherever you want, read offline, all the stuff you love about it,” Steinberger says. “I hope that people who love comics take this as a tool to introduce their friends to specific content, and then because this is the inexpensive way to get to that content, help them explore even more.”

“I’m excited to be part of this service that’ll allow more people to try out Umbrella Academy,” Creator Gerard Way said in a statement to EW. “The Umbrella team really cares about our book and wants everyone to have an easy way to get started. As someone who has now introduced digital comics into my life, being able to sample comics to decide which books to follow is going to be a big help in finding new things.”

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.